Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, a portable industrial drone. Notably, it is equipped with powerful, side-by-side visual and thermal cameras. Due to this combo it provides commercial pilots a reliable tool to operate in challenging environments.
FLIR + DJI Partneship
“Drones are a common sighting in public safety and inspection operations. Users get immediate value from a reliable aerial tool that can easily be deployed anywhere at any time.” Jan Gasparic, DJI Director of Strategic Partnerships. “When DJI and FLIR first introduced the XT camera in 2015, we opened up a range of new commercial drone applications. With the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, we are enabling safer operations in more diverse environments,so operators can focus on accomplishing their missions.”
Powerful and Portable FLIR Thermal Imaging
Mavic 2Enterprise Dual features a three-axis gimbal stabilized camera housing aside-by-side 4K sensor for capturing visible light and a FLIR Lepton® thermal microcamera for capturing thermal data. Together these sensors allow pilots to perform flights at night, as well as fly in complex daytime conditions like fog and smoke. Users can select from multiple intelligent display modes in the DJI Pilot flight control app to visualize data from the dual-sensor camera:
- FLIR MSX – FLIR’s patented MSX, or multispectral dynamic imaging. Embosses high-fidelity, visible light details onto the thermal imagery. Enhances visual details, helping pilots quickly identify and interpret critical data.
- Spot Meter – Displays the average temperature of an object. Helping pilots monitor and measure hazardous objects while maintaining a safe distance.
- Area Measurement -Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature. As well as the corresponding locations of each area. Allowing inspectors to quickly assess objects and determine if an asset may be overheating.
- Isotherm – Pilots designate specific temperature ranges, using a custom color palette. Objects within the range relay higher contrast and better visibility. This feature includes custom profiles to aid search and rescue pilots in identifying people. In addition it helps firefighters identify hot spots in fires.
“TheMavic 2 Enterprise Dual equipped with the FLIR Lepton is our smallest thermal microcamera. It offers a significant opportunity to introduce thermal imaging capabilities to drone owners.” – Jim Cannon, President and CEO at FLIR. “This is our third product with DJI and its world-leading platforms. This latest Thermal by FLIR collaboration is a significant step forward in-making thermal an essential feature in the industry.”
Modular Accessories for Added Capabilities
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is uniquely compatible with the full line of Mavic 2 Enterprise accessories. DJI Pilot flight control app operates the accessories. You mount them directly to the drone’s body.
These accessories open new paths for pilots to communicate and work from the air. Furthermore, this moves drones beyond imaging tools and into configurable platforms that enhance mission productivity.
- Spotlight – A dual spotlight with a brightness of 2,400 lumens. Aids operators in carrying out missions in dark or low-light areas. Spotlight is ideal for search and rescue as well as inspection applications.
- Speaker – A loudspeaker with a maximum projection of 100 decibels (1-meter distance). Lets pilots play up to 10 custom voice recordings. For this reason it provides a communications channel to nearby individuals. Truly a critical tool during lifesaving emergency operations.
- Beacon – Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Night Waiver standards in mind, theM2E Beacon features a bright flashing strobe, visible three miles away. This helps pilots carry out missions in low-light conditions or at night safely. In addition it provides additional airspace awareness for operators of nearby drones and traditional aircraft.
Enhanced Data Security Features
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual includes the same features as Mavic 2 Enterprise. To protect the integrity of photos, videos, flight logs and other data generated during sensitive flights. It incorporates 24 GB of onboard data storage and password protection. This provides accountability for all access to the drone’s functions and stored data. Whit Password Protection, users enter their password each time they activate the drone. Afterwords they link the remote controller with the drone, and access the drone’s onboard storage. Therefore they have full, exclusive use and enhanced security. Users have secure access to the drone, while protecting that data if the drone is physically compromised.
In addition, with GPS time stamping, you have the time, date, and location of every image taken. This will certainly aide the pilot with regards to accountability. In addition this ensures data captured by the drone can be trusted. Therefore is can be used in situations from infrastructure inspections to legal proceedings.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual users with heightened data security concerns can use Local Data Mode. When activated, this will stop the user’s connected mobile device from sending or receiving any data over the internet. This provides added security assurances for operators of flights involving critical infrastructure, governmental projects, or other sensitive missions.
Improving Flight and Airspace Safety
Every Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual comes equipped with DJI’s AirSense technology. Ensure drones remain a safe addition to the skies with AirSense. AirSense improves pilots’ situational awareness and enhances airspace safety by automatically alerting drone pilots of ADS-B signals. Likewise it sends real-time positioning alerts through the DJI Pilot app. This technology provides an extra level of safety for professional drone operators. Especially when flying in congested airspace or near operations such as wildfire suppression, disaster recovery, and infrastructure monitoring.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features DJI’s most advanced video and data transmission system, Ocusync 2.0. DJI drones coupled with Occusync provide a more stable connection between the drone and its remote controller. THe importance of this is especially high in environments with high electromagnetic interference. The system features stronger interference resistance and auto-switching capabilities that support both 2.4 GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual uses DJI’s FOC propulsion motors. Coupled with efficient propellers for quieter and more efficient flight, this delivers a maximum flight-time of up to 31 minutes and a top speed of 72 kph (45 mph)[. In addition, a self-heating battery allows the drone to perform reliably in adverse weather conditions as low as -10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit).